On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 09:36:41AM -0400, Clément Pit-Claudel wrote: > On 27/04/2020 07.31, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote: [...] > > If you want Emacs to adapt in this point, it's on you to convince > > Emacs people that this change is important. > > FWIW, I don't find the comparison to speaking German very convincing either. All metaphors suck in some way. My point is... I've seen all too often this antipattern: some enters an existing culture and shouts into the room "hey, why are you doing this in such a weird way? Come do it this other way I propose, it's much better!". I think if you want to convince people, you might want to go a bit smarter about that :-) > > You haven't managed to convince me [...] > Neither have you managed to convince me that mouse-1-2-3 is valuable. Fair enough. Cheers -- t