* Re: [hober0@bogus.example.com: Re: mode-line redisplay bug]
@ 2005-10-12 10:57 David PONCE
From: David PONCE @ 2005-10-12 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Hi,

Since your last changes related to the mode-line redisplay bug
thread, help-echo messages on the header-line or the mode-line
are shown sporadically.

Just start emacs -Q and move the mouse on the mode-line, it is
difficult to make tool tips appear.  When I turn off tooltip-mode, I
see that messages in the echo area are cleared as soon as they appear.

On the tool bar tool tips and echo area messages appear normally.

Sincerely,
David

In GNU Emacs 22.0.50.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.4.14)
 of 2005-10-12 on localhost
X server distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.60802000
configured using `configure '--with-gtk'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

* Re: [hober0@bogus.example.com: Re: mode-line redisplay bug]
@ 2005-10-12 11:37 David PONCE
From: David PONCE @ 2005-10-12 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: storm, emacs-devel

>>Since your last changes related to the mode-line redisplay bug
>>thread, help-echo messages on the header-line or the mode-line are
>>shown sporadically.
>

> That's "Problem 2.1" in the thread.

[...]
> I installed the following change.

[...]

It works fine now.  Thanks!

* Re: [hober0@bogus.example.com: Re: mode-line redisplay bug]
@ 2005-10-12 11:47 David PONCE
From: David PONCE @ 2005-10-12 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: storm, emacs-devel

Oops I spoke too fast.  Now I get the following message when the mouse is over
the read-only/modified status characters on the mode-line:

Error during redisplay: (wrong-type-argument window-live-p nil) [126 times]