John Wiegley : > On Sun, Mar 06 2016 13:07 (-0800), John Wiegley wrote: > > > > I have always wanted to drop the ChangeLogs, so if the other developers agree, > > I'm all for it. Keeping ChangeLog style in the commit entry is not terribly > > useful either, since the diff output of log -p lets you know which function or > > variable is being modified. I've never missed not having that ChangeLog data > > in other projects, of any size. But that's up to the other developers and what > > makes their lives easier. > > I'd like to open this up to discussion on emacs-devel, so that we hear from > our other developers. What do you all think about ChangeLogs, and their value > to you in your work on Emacs? I advocated dropping ChangeLogs at the time I did the repository conversion. That is still my position. -- Eric S. Raymond