* # is no longer electric in C mode?
@ 2016-01-21 16:32 Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-01-21 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Mackenzie; +Cc: emacs-devel

I've noticed that typing a preprocessor directive in C mode no longer
reindents the line to begin at column zero when I type '#'.  Is this a
deliberate change?  (I think it's a recent change.)  I can't find
anything in NEWS about this.

What did I miss?

* Re: # is no longer electric in C mode?
@ 2016-01-21 17:01 ` Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2016-01-21 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hello, Eli.

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 06:32:50PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> I've noticed that typing a preprocessor directive in C mode no longer
> reindents the line to begin at column zero when I type '#'.  Is this a
> deliberate change?  (I think it's a recent change.)  I can't find
> anything in NEWS about this.

> What did I miss?

There's a customisable variable c-electric-pound-behavior which can be
given the value '(alignleft) to reindent the # to column zero.  This has
had the value nil since, at the latest, 1997-07-10 (using git blame on
cc-vars.el).  That hardly counts as recent.  ;-)

Do you have a setting for c-electric-pound-behavior in your .emacs?  If
so, then it's possible something has gone wrong with the function
c-electric-pound.  If you haven't then please try such a setting.

Or perhaps I'm missing something, too.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

* Re: # is no longer electric in C mode?
@ 2016-01-21 17:43   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-01-21 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Mackenzie; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 17:01:25 +0000
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de>
>
> Do you have a setting for c-electric-pound-behavior in your .emacs?

You are right, sorry for the noise.