* t-match and if-jump
@ 2016-01-16 10:56 Werner LEMBERG
From: Werner LEMBERG @ 2016-01-16 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Folks,

are there modern replacements for the `t-match' and `if-jump'
packages?  I couldn't find something in the output of `list-packages'.

  http://ftp.lyx.org/pub/emacs/elisp-archive/old-archive/misc/t-match.el.Z

    Match parentheses and any other arbitrary strings.  The package
    provides a function (to be assigned to a key) that toggles point
    between the matching delimiters.

  http://ftp.lyx.org/pub/emacs/elisp-archive/old-archive/misc/if-jump.el.gz

    This package provides functions to move point to matching
    #if/#else/#endif C/C++ preprocessor directives (on same nesting
    level).

    Werner

* Re: t-match and if-jump
@ 2016-01-17 21:15 ` John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2016-01-17 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Werner LEMBERG; +Cc: emacs-devel

>     This package provides functions to move point to matching
>     #if/#else/#endif C/C++ preprocessor directives (on same nesting
>     level).

Isn't this just what C-c C-n, C-c C-p and C-c C-u do in cc-mode?

* Re: t-match and if-jump
@ 2016-01-18 10:59   ` Werner LEMBERG
From: Werner LEMBERG @ 2016-01-18 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: johnw, jwiegley; +Cc: emacs-devel

>>     This package provides functions to move point to matching
>>     #if/#else/#endif C/C++ preprocessor directives (on same nesting
>>     level).
>
> Isn't this just what C-c C-n, C-c C-p and C-c C-u do in cc-mode?

Yes, sort-of, thanks.  Any idea w.r.t. to the t-match functionality?

    Werner

* Re: t-match and if-jump
@ 2016-01-18 19:03     ` John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2016-01-18 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Werner LEMBERG; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Yes, sort-of, thanks. Any idea w.r.t. to the t-match functionality?

I usually use C-M-f and C-M-b when on a closing or opening delimiter.