From: Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at>
To: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Proper English Title Capitalization
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 17:05:07 +0200	[thread overview]

* Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> wrote:

> ,----
>| (defun my-title-capitalization (beg end)
>|   (interactive "r")
>|   (save-excursion
>|     (let (
>|       (do-not-capitalize '("a" "ago" "an" "and" "as" "at" "but" "by" "for"
>|                    "from" "in" "into" "it" "next" "nor" "of" "off"
>|                    "on" "onto" "or" "over" "past" "so" "the" "till"
>|                    "to" "up" "yet" ))
>|       )
>|       ;; go to begin of first word:
>|       (goto-char beg)
>|       (forward-word)
>|       (backward-word)
>|       ;; capitalize first word in any case:
>|       (capitalize-word 1)
>|       (forward-word)
>|       (backward-word)
>|       (while (< (point) end)
>|     ;; capitalize each word in between except it is list member:
>|     (if (member (thing-at-point 'word t) do-not-capitalize)
>|         (forward-word)
>|       (capitalize-word 1) )
>|     (forward-word)
>|     (backward-word) )
>|       ;; capitalize last word in any case:
>|       (backward-word)
>|       (capitalize-word 1)
>|       )
>|     ))
> `----

With the version above and the version of others as well, I get
errors on my Windows computer running GNU Emacs 24.3.1
(i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601):

| let: Wrong number of arguments: #[(thing) "<some special characters
| which I can't post here since they are obviously binary or
| something>" [thing bounds thing-at-point bounds-of-thing-at-point] 3
| ("c:/Program Files/emacs-24.3/lisp/thingatpt.elc" . 2271)], 2

The weird text does not occur in the region at all.

--
All in all, one of the most disturbing things today is the definitive
fact that the NSA, GCHQ, and many more government organizations are