Hello emacsers, I think I am seeing a bug in erc, but before I submit a bug report, I wanted to see if this problem is already known (I searched the emacs-bug Gmane newsgroup to no avail) or if anybody already has a workaround. FTR: emacs 24.4.1, Ubuntu 15.04, bip 0.8.9 So I use bip as my IRC proxy, connecting to multiple networks, including freenode, OFTC, and an internal corporate server. This arrangement has been working great for years. Today I just configured bip to join two channels which have the same name on freenode and the internal server, and erc started acting funny. The problem could of course be bip, and I will work on eliminating that possibility, but this *feels* like an erc problem. Strange thing 1: no erc buffer comes up with the channel name on freenode. This channel is rather light traffic, but the only buffer with the shared channel name that exists is the #channel@internal buffer. I can join #channel@freenode in xchat just fine. Strange thing 2: In the #channel@freenode buffer, suddenly all nick completion (TAB) is broken. Nick completion in all other channel buffers continues to work as expected. Strange thing 3: When #channel@internal is visible in one emacs window, but I am editing a file in another window and someone pings my nick in the internal channel, erc will pop up the channel buffer. Usually this only happens if the ping happens in a non-visible buffer. It's as if erc is seeing the nick ping in the visible buffer (#channel@internal) but thinks its happening in the hidden buffer (#channel@freenode - which doesn't exist afaict). Any thoughts? Cheers, -Barry