On Nov 18, 2014, at 10:43 PM, Alan Mackenzie wrote: >You must also admit that git is at fault here for misusing common words. >A "branch" in English is not and cannot mean a "tip of a branch". Yet >git has twisted the language such that this has become its meaning. And >any cultured person must suppress his revulsion at such abuse as part of >the cost of learning git. YUCK! I would concur. For someone with decades of $vcs experience, I think the subtly (and sometimes not-so-) differences in terminology, which translates to non-obvious cli behavior is the biggest impediment to drinking the git kool-aid. OTOH, it's also true that if you use primarily git for long enough, you lose the beginners mind and just sort of accept the differences. Aliases can help. :) Cheers, -Barry