* git switch status
@ 2014-10-23 13:25 Aurélien Aptel
From: Aurélien Aptel @ 2014-10-23 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs development discussions

I didn't follow the latest development of the repo conversion to git.
I was under the impression that Eric managed to solve most issues and
that we were waiting for the release to happen before the switch. If
this is true when can we expect the conversion to happen? Is there
something we can do to help?

* Re: git switch status
@ 2014-10-23 13:47 ` Eric S. Raymond
From: Eric S. Raymond @ 2014-10-23 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aurélien Aptel; +Cc: Emacs development discussions

Aurélien Aptel <aurelien.aptel+emacs@gmail.com>:
> I didn't follow the latest development of the repo conversion to git.
> I was under the impression that Eric managed to solve most issues and
> that we were waiting for the release to happen before the switch. If
> this is true when can we expect the conversion to happen? Is there
> something we can do to help?

I'm wondering the same thing  I've been very busy on another project the last
couple of weeks, which is why I haven't pushed to get the switchover scheduled.
But that pressure easing and it's time.

If we schedule a conversion day I can deliver.  I need about twenty hours
closed to commits - it would be closer to ten, but a full conversion run takes
ten hours and I might muss something on the first pass.

* Re: git switch status
@ 2014-10-23 15:39   ` Paul Eggert
From: Paul Eggert @ 2014-10-23 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: esr, Aurélien Aptel; +Cc: Emacs development discussions

On 10/23/2014 06:47 AM, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> If we schedule a conversion day I can deliver.

Since we're talking about development history, I propose switching on
Remembrance Day, November 11, at 11:00 UTC.  That's easy to remember,
and is plenty of notice.  Plus, it's a Tuesday.

* Re: git switch status
@ 2014-10-23 17:10     ` Karl Fogel
From: Karl Fogel @ 2014-10-23 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggert; +Cc: esr, \1 Aptel, Emacs development discussions

Paul Eggert <eggert@cs.ucla.edu> writes:
>On 10/23/2014 06:47 AM, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
>> If we schedule a conversion day I can deliver.
>
>Since we're talking about development history, I propose switching on
>Remembrance Day, November 11, at 11:00 UTC.  That's easy to remember,
>and is plenty of notice.  Plus, it's a Tuesday.

+1

* Re: git switch status
@ 2014-10-23 17:30       ` Kelvin White
From: Kelvin White @ 2014-10-23 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Fogel; +Cc: Eric Raymond, \1, Paul Eggert, Emacs development discussions

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 1:10 PM, Karl Fogel <kfogel@red-bean.com> wrote:
> Paul Eggert <eggert@cs.ucla.edu> writes:
>>On 10/23/2014 06:47 AM, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
>>> If we schedule a conversion day I can deliver.
>>
>>Since we're talking about development history, I propose switching on
>>Remembrance Day, November 11, at 11:00 UTC.  That's easy to remember,
>>and is plenty of notice.  Plus, it's a Tuesday.
>
> +1

+2

* Re: git switch status
@ 2014-10-23 20:38     ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2014-10-23 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggert; +Cc: esr, Aurélien Aptel, Emacs development discussions

>> If we schedule a conversion day I can deliver.
> Since we're talking about development history, I propose switching on
> Remembrance Day, November 11, at 11:00 UTC.  That's easy to remember, and is
> plenty of notice.  Plus, it's a Tuesday.

I'm OK with any day you guys pick,

* Re: git switch status
@ 2014-10-23 21:27       ` Eric S. Raymond
From: Eric S. Raymond @ 2014-10-23 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier
  Cc: Aurélien Aptel, Paul Eggert, Emacs development discussions

Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>:
> >> If we schedule a conversion day I can deliver.
> > Since we're talking about development history, I propose switching on
> > Remembrance Day, November 11, at 11:00 UTC.  That's easy to remember, and is
> > plenty of notice.  Plus, it's a Tuesday.
>
> I'm OK with any day you guys pick,

11 November it is, then. We'll make it happen.

* Re: git switch status
@ 2014-10-24 13:42         ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2014-10-24 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 17:27:42 -0400 "Eric S. Raymond" <esr@thyrsus.com> wrote:

ESR> 11 November it is, then. We'll make it happen.

Oh if only it could have happened in 2011, to get 11/11/11 :)

Really looking forward to it!

Ted