On May 17, 2014, at 09:03 AM, Alan Mackenzie wrote: >Presumably Barry Warsaw. At the time (1992), I'm pretty sure he was >an XEmacs user, so would naturally want to support that platform too. Gosh, 22 years is ancient history. I think this was even before the XEmacs name. It was probably still called Lucid Emacs! Back then, SourceForge seemed like the best public code hosting site available. I don't remember, but we might have even used CVS at the time. ;) I switched back to GNU Emacs in 2008. That's not to say that XEmacs support should be dropped. I personally don't care about it much any more, but other people do, and I think we should respect the current CC Mode maintainer's opinion on matters like this. Cheers, -Barry