* About branches in bzr repository
@ 2013-02-03 14:24 Xue Fuqiao
From: Xue Fuqiao @ 2013-02-03 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I have a question about branches in bzr repository: When will the emacs-23 branch be moved into `old-branches'?  Or more generally, when will a branch be moved into `old-branches'?

--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/XueFuqiao

* Re: About branches in bzr repository
@ 2013-02-04  3:21 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2013-02-04  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xue Fuqiao; +Cc: emacs-devel

> I have a question about branches in bzr repository: When will the emacs-23
> branch be moved into `old-branches'?

We could move it there, but it doesn't seem very important or useful.

> Or more generally, when will a branch be moved into `old-branches'?

old-branches is usually for feature branches (i.e. branches that
implement a new feature) that have been merged (i.e. the feature has
been incorporated in the trunk).

* Re: About branches in bzr repository
@ 2013-02-04 17:33   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2013-02-04 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: Xue Fuqiao, emacs-devel

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> old-branches is usually for feature branches (i.e. branches that
> implement a new feature) that have been merged (i.e. the feature has
> been incorporated in the trunk).

Seems like "imagemagick" should be in there.

* Re: About branches in bzr repository
@ 2013-02-04 19:26     ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2013-02-04 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Xue Fuqiao, Stefan Monnier, emacs-devel

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

> Stefan Monnier wrote:
>
>> old-branches is usually for feature branches (i.e. branches that
>> implement a new feature) that have been merged (i.e. the feature has
>> been incorporated in the trunk).
>
> Seems like "imagemagick" should be in there.

Yes.

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: About branches in bzr repository
@ 2013-02-04 20:05       ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2013-02-04 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: Xue Fuqiao, emacs-devel

>>> old-branches is usually for feature branches (i.e. branches that
>>> implement a new feature) that have been merged (i.e. the feature has
>>> been incorporated in the trunk).
>> Seems like "imagemagick" should be in there.
> Yes.

Done,

* Re: About branches in bzr repository
@ 2013-02-04 23:54   ` Xue Fuqiao
From: Xue Fuqiao @ 2013-02-04 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Sun, 03 Feb 2013 22:21:29 -0500
Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> > I have a question about branches in bzr repository: When will the emacs-23
> > branch be moved into `old-branches'?
>
> We could move it there, but it doesn't seem very important or useful.
>
> > Or more generally, when will a branch be moved into `old-branches'?
>
> old-branches is usually for feature branches (i.e. branches that
> implement a new feature) that have been merged (i.e. the feature has
> been incorporated in the trunk).

Thanks.  But it seems that EMACS_21_1_RC, EMACS_22_BASE and EMACS_23_1_RC don't look like feature branches.

--

@ 2013-02-05  3:27     ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2013-02-05  3:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xue Fuqiao; +Cc: emacs-devel

>> > I have a question about branches in bzr repository: When will the emacs-23
>> > branch be moved into `old-branches'?
>> We could move it there, but it doesn't seem very important or useful.
>> > Or more generally, when will a branch be moved into `old-branches'?
>> old-branches is usually for feature branches (i.e. branches that
>> implement a new feature) that have been merged (i.e. the feature has
>> been incorporated in the trunk).
> Thanks.  But it seems that EMACS_21_1_RC, EMACS_22_BASE and EMACS_23_1_RC
> don't look like feature branches.

Indeed.  `emacs-23' will probably follow them there at some point.