* failure with temporary file on Mac OSX
@ 2010-07-04 13:23 Ivan Kanis
From: Ivan Kanis @ 2010-07-04 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs devel

Hello,

I am getting the following strange error message:

apply: Failed to open temporary file: Interrupted system call, emacsXXXXXX

I am running emacs 23.2 that I compiled with NS. I am seeing the error
while using gnus and displaying MIME messages. The error doesn't always
happen. When I select the mail a second time it's usually OK.

So what gives? Any suggestions on troubleshooting this are welcome!
--
Ivan Kanis
http://kanis.fr

The one advantage of playing with fire is that one never gets even
singed. It is the people who don't know how to play with it who get
burned up.
    -- Oscar Wilde

* Re: failure with temporary file on Mac OSX
@ 2010-07-04 19:21 ` Harald Hanche-Olsen
From: Harald Hanche-Olsen @ 2010-07-04 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: expire-by-2010-07-09; +Cc: emacs-devel

+ Ivan Kanis <expire-by-2010-07-09@kanis.fr>:

> I am getting the following strange error message:
>
> apply: Failed to open temporary file: Interrupted system call, emacsXXXXXX
>
> I am running emacs 23.2 that I compiled with NS. I am seeing the error
> while using gnus and displaying MIME messages. The error doesn't always
> happen. When I select the mail a second time it's usually OK.
>
> So what gives? Any suggestions on troubleshooting this are welcome!

Try to turn on debugging and post the traceback.

M-x set-variable RET debug-on-error RET t RET

Then trigger the error. Hopefully, you will get a buffer *Backtrace*.
Copy its contents to the list, and maybe someone can work out what
happened and why.

To clean up, type q in the *Backtrace* buffer to quit the debugger and
revert the setting of the debug-on-error variable:

M-x set-variable RET debug-on-error RET nil RET

- Harald