On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 09:40:58AM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote: > > -- it appears when invoking `ibuffer', for instance, but not with > > emacs -q; and I have no customization of ibuffer whatsoever, so I have > > no idea what could be the issue there. > > Can you reproduce it at will? > If so, can you M-x debug-on-entry RET byte-compile-warn RET, then > reproduce it and then show us the backtrace (and maybe also the result > of "e form RET" since `form' may be truncated in the backtrace). Yes, please see the attached file. [`form' evaluates to (save-excursion (set-buffer (car bbdb-complete-name-callback-data)) (apply (quote delete-region) (cdr bbdb-complete-name-callback-data))), but it's visible from the backtrace just fine] So it's BBDB-related again, but really Icicles-initiated in this case. I didn't suspect Icicles originally, as I had it off when invoking `ibuffer', but now that I tried not even requiring Icicles in my init file, the problem goes away. Also, even with Icicles loaded, it only happens the first time `ibuffer' is invoked; so it's probably related to all those re-initializations Icicles is doing; I'm cc-ing Drew in case he was interested (icicles.el is Update #: 22624). Thanks, Štěpán