* cperl-mode uses the obsolete variable vc-header-alist
@ 2009-12-12 11:49 Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2009-12-12 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-Devel devel

Just that. In a checkout from 2009-12-04.

* Re: cperl-mode uses the obsolete variable vc-header-alist
@ 2009-12-15  4:04 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2009-12-15  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman; +Cc: Emacs-Devel devel

> Just that. In a checkout from 2009-12-04.

IIRC it does it in a harmless way, and leaving the code in helps reduce
the difference between our code and Ilya's,

* Re: cperl-mode uses the obsolete variable vc-header-alist
@ 2009-12-28  5:43   ` Joe Brenner
From: Joe Brenner @ 2009-12-28  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: Lennart Borgman, Emacs-Devel devel

Stefan Monnier <monnier@IRO.UMontreal.CA> wrote:

> > Just that. In a checkout from 2009-12-04.
>
> IIRC it does it in a harmless way, and leaving the code in helps reduce
> the difference between our code and Ilya's,

It does generate warnings, though, and when you're looking for the
source of a problem figuring out that you don't need to worry about this
is a distraction.

As is typical with emacs warning messages, it gives you know very few
hints about what's causing the problem (no file name, no line number):

   Warning: `vc-header-alist' is an obsolete variable (as of Emacs 21.1); use
      `vc-BACKEND-header' instead.