* vc-git fucked up?
@ 2009-07-28  7:31 Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2009-07-28  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Dan Nicolaescu

I was hacking on some files in a git-managed tree, and tried to commit
one of them with "C-x v v"; it prompted for a log message, I entered
one, hit "C-c C-c", and the file was committed.

But... then I noticed that it had actually committed _more_ files than
just the one I intended; actually it committed all modified files in the
current directory (there were other modified files in other directories
which weren't committed).

So I rolled back the commit, and tried it again, again, using "C-x v v"
in a single modified file.  This time, in the log entry buffer, I used
"C-c C-f" to show list of files to be committed; it only showed the
current file.  However, once again, all files in the current directory
were committed.

So something is kinda fucked it seems... dunno exactly what.

Thanks,

-Miles

--
Immortality, n.  A toy which people cry for, And on their knees apply for,
      Dispute, contend and lie for, And if allowed Would be right proud

* Re: vc-git fucked up?
@ 2009-07-28  8:06 ` Dan Nicolaescu
From: Dan Nicolaescu @ 2009-07-28  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miles Bader; +Cc: emacs-devel

Miles Bader <miles.bader@necel.com> writes:

  > I was hacking on some files in a git-managed tree, and tried to commit
  > one of them with "C-x v v"; it prompted for a log message, I entered
  > one, hit "C-c C-c", and the file was committed.
  >
  > But... then I noticed that it had actually committed _more_ files than
  > just the one I intended; actually it committed all modified files in the
  > current directory (there were other modified files in other directories
  > which weren't committed).
  >
  > So I rolled back the commit, and tried it again, again, using "C-x v v"
  > in a single modified file.  This time, in the log entry buffer, I used
  > "C-c C-f" to show list of files to be committed; it only showed the
  > current file.  However, once again, all files in the current directory
  > were committed.

Please update and try again, it should work now.
Thanks.