* ?? call-interactively doesn't always make KEYS available to `interactive' form.
@ 2009-04-06 14:27 Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2009-04-06 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi, Emacs!

In

  (call-interactively FUNCTION &optional RECORD-FLAG KEYS)

, KEYS is a list of key/mouse events to be used in place of
(this-command-keys) (or something similar).

If FUNCTION contains `(interactive "string")', KEYS gets used properly.
If it has `(interactive (lisp-form))', though, the lisp-form can't access
KEYS.

Surely, this is a bug?

[Context: I'm documenting lisp equivalents for code letters in
interactive "string"s.]

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

* Re: ?? call-interactively doesn't always make KEYS available to `interactive' form.
@ 2009-04-06 16:07 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2009-04-06 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Mackenzie; +Cc: emacs-devel

> If FUNCTION contains `(interactive "string")', KEYS gets used
> properly.  If it has `(interactive (lisp-form))', though, the
> lisp-form can't access KEYS.
> Surely, this is a bug?

Yup, that's a bug.