With latest CVS Emacs on OSX and Ubuntu, and finished.el from: http://www.logic.at/prolog/finished.el (also attached), when I do M-x eval-buffer RET on finished.el in emacs -Q, it loops. When I un-comment the sit-for call in line 10, the sentinel is run as expected. Thus `accept-process-output' seems not to suffice to run the sentinel in contrast to what the documentation says. It seems to be sufficient in "script" mode, i.e., emacs -Q --script finished.el. Thank you! -- Psssst! Schon vom neuen GMX MultiMessenger gehört? Der kann`s mit allen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger01