* emacs slow down the system when switching from file mode to buffer mode in speedbar
@ 2008-12-22 13:39 Qiang
From: Qiang @ 2008-12-22 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ml.emacs.devel

Emacs version:
    GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
    2.12.11) of 2008-12-13
System:
    Linux Qiang 2.6.26-gentoo-r4 #1 Mon Dec 22 20:50:07 CST 2008 i686
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 2.00GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

After speedbar is activated, the current mode is "file mode". I pressed
"b", then it will switch to "Buffer mode". But it fails.

It will slow down the system. Very Slowly. Even I can not swith from
Emacs to other applications.
Additionaly, i run "ps -ef". I find some kernel threads "[pdflush]" are
running.
Later, emacs will break.

Would you tell me how to solve it?

--
    _-`````-,           ,- '- .
  .'   .- - |          | - -.  `.
 /.'  /                     `.   \
:/   :      _...   ..._      ``   :
::   :     /._ .`:'_.._\.    ||   :
::    `._ ./  ,`  :    \ . _.''   .
`:.      /   |  -.  \-. \\_      /
  \:._ _/  .'   .@)  \@) ` `\ ,.'
     _/,--'       .- .\,-.`--`.
               ''/''/''
                 '/'/'
                  `;

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-12-22 13:39 UTC | newest]