Hi all, When I write gdb script, I need to set many breakpoints. such as: b xxx_file.c:xxx_line_number With following comamnd, I can do it more easy ----- (defcustom what-file-line-separator ":" "Define the separator between file name and line number" :type 'string :group 'editing) (defcustom what-file-line-yankp nil "Toggle on/off Yank to kill ring" :type 'boolean :group 'editing) ;; Maybe this variable is useless, user can copy what they want in mini-buffer (defcustom what-file-line-fullpath t "Toggle on/off file name fullpath" :type 'boolean :group 'editing) (defun what-file-line () "Print the current buffer's file name and line nubmer" (interactive) (let ((n (line-number-at-pos)) (file (buffer-file-name)) result) (setq result (concat file what-file-line-separator (number-to-string n))) (message "%s" result) (if what-file-line-yankp (kill-new result)))) ----- Q: 1. I don't know in which group the customized variables should be put? 2. The 3rd customized variable needn't, agree? 3. If this functionality is usefull, I want to implement a GUI version(as same as gdb-mouse-set-clear-breakpoint). So when user click the left margin when non-gdb-mode, user can get the filename-line pair) What's your comment? 2008-11-23 richardeng