On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 23:57:50 +0100 "paul r" wrote: > 2008/3/26, Sebastian Rose : > > The nice thing about it is, that it uses the native toolkit of the > > plattform compiled on. No more ifdefs or anything to compile with > > Gtk/MFC/MAC. On linux Gtk is the default. Even the event handling, > > threading and networking are unified. I used wxWidgets for some > > smaller projects and I think it is the best attempt of a > > multiplattform lib. > > > > Projects created with wxWidgets can be viewed on the projects > > website. Some use custom widgets (like audacity). > > > Hi, I have never used wxWidget but I have heard good things about it. > One question : I read it is written in C++, with binding for several > langages[1]. I can not see C , nor emacs lisp in the list. Is is > implicitly usable through C ? Or do you have other plan ? > Thanks It's all pre-stl C++, most of the advanced features of C++ aren't used. You can make a canonical thunk to call C++ from C. namespace "C" { void foo( void ) { bar.method(); } } It's been a while since I kept Stroustrup under my pillow, so the example might be wrong. > Paul > > [1] http://www.wxwidgets.org/wiki/index.php/General_Information > > > > > >