On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 23:38:54 +0100 Sebastian Rose wrote: > The nice thing about it is, that it uses the native toolkit of the > plattform compiled on. No more ifdefs or anything to compile with > Gtk/MFC/MAC. On linux Gtk is the default. Even the event handling, > threading and networking are unified. I used wxWidgets for some > smaller projects and I think it is the best attempt of a > multiplattform lib. > > Projects created with wxWidgets can be viewed on the projects > website. Some use custom widgets (like audacity). > > last time I coded for WxWidgets it used it's own string class, was pre-stl, was bloated, and generally had accumulated functionality in thick layers. Any design mistakes are at this point pretty much set in stone with the size of the code-base. Seeing this prime example IMHO, of why compat layers can't be clean used in Emacs is not cool to me at least. At least on gentoo I can compile out the joystick support. Cheers, Mike Mattie