* (no subject)
@ 2008-02-25  8:17 Herbert Euler
From: Herbert Euler @ 2008-02-25  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: acm

Hi Alan,

I found cc mode signals an error.  To reproduce:

1. $ emacs -Q
2. C-x C-f x.c  (an empty file should be able to reproduce)
3. Type `#'

Emacs signals an error: "End of buffer".  I have located the position
that the error is signaled, it is in c-neutralize-syntax-in-CPP.  In
the above use case, this function is invoked as follows:

(c-neutralize-syntax-in-CPP 1 2 0)
error--> End of buffer

Regards,
Guanpeng Xu

* RE: CC Mode Signals an Error
@ 2008-02-25  8:21 ` Herbert Euler
From: Herbert Euler @ 2008-02-25  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: acm

> Hi Alan,
>
> I found cc mode signals an error.  To reproduce:
>
> 1. $ emacs -Q
> 2. C-x C-f x.c  (an empty file should be able to reproduce)
> 3. Type `#'
>
> Emacs signals an error: "End of buffer".  I have located the position
> that the error is signaled, it is in c-neutralize-syntax-in-CPP.  In
> the above use case, this function is invoked as follows:
>
> (c-neutralize-syntax-in-CPP 1 2 0)
> error--> End of buffer

Oops, I forgot to fill the subject field.

Regards,
Guanpeng Xu

* Re: CC Mode Signals an Error
@ 2008-02-25 21:36   ` Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2008-02-25 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Herbert Euler; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hi, Guanpeng!

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 04:21:02PM +0800, Herbert Euler wrote:

> Hi Alan,

> I found cc mode signals an error.  To reproduce:

> 1. $ emacs -Q
> 2. C-x C-f x.c  (an empty file should be able to reproduce)
> 3. Type `#'

> Emacs signals an error: "End of buffer".  I have located the position
> that the error is signaled, it is in c-neutralize-syntax-in-CPP.  In
> the above use case, this function is invoked as follows:

> (c-neutralize-syntax-in-CPP 1 2 0)
> error--> End of buffer

> Oops, I forgot to fill the subject field.

No problems!

I've fixed the bug and commited the fix to savannah (in cc-mode.el).
Thanks for the report.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

* RE: CC Mode Signals an Error
@ 2008-02-26  1:02     ` Herbert Euler
From: Herbert Euler @ 2008-02-26  1:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Mackenzie; +Cc: emacs-devel

> I've fixed the bug and commited the fix to savannah (in cc-mode.el).
> Thanks for the report.

And thank you for the quick fix :D

Regards,
Guanpeng Xu