Hi, On Sat, Sep 01, 2007 at 08:59:28PM +0100, Leo wrote: > On 2007-09-01 20:13 +0100, Johannes Weiner wrote: > > Come on, people. If the point is above `something' and I don't want EMACS to > > return an URL-string but NIL, why would I run (thing-at-point 'url) in the > > first place? This is bogus. > > To test if there is a url under point, if yes do something if not do > something else. Okay, that is something else. > > I like the behaviour as it is right now. Returning nil is as unusable > > as http://something for most, but for some people, http://something > > can still be of use. > > Those claims are not true. Which claims? I talk from experience. I really make use of the current behaviour. Hannes