* checkdoc gplv3
@ 2007-08-22  9:03 Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2007-08-22  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Maybe `checkdoc' could offer to replace gplv2 with gplv3?

Thanks

Andreas Roehler

* Re: checkdoc gplv3
@ 2007-08-22 15:36 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2007-08-22 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Röhler; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Maybe `checkdoc' could offer to replace gplv2 with gplv3?

copyright-update already does it.

* Re: checkdoc gplv3
@ 2007-08-23  0:45 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-08-23  0:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Röhler; +Cc: emacs-devel

    Maybe `checkdoc' could offer to replace gplv2 with gplv3?

It could be a good idea if it is done carefully.
But it has to respect a decision not to do so.
We don't want it to nag the user over and over
if he keeps saying no.

* Re: checkdoc gplv3
@ 2007-08-23  0:47 ` Johannes Weiner
From: Johannes Weiner @ 2007-08-23  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Röhler; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 11:03:59AM +0200, Andreas Röhler wrote:

> Maybe `checkdoc' could offer to replace gplv2 with gplv3?

It would be pretty unappropriate for a style checker to comment on the license
you are using.

	Hannes

--
Lisp nearing the age of fifty is the most modern language out
there. GC, dynamic, reflective, the best OO model extant including