* Re: Emacs unicode 2 crash suddenly when do some *Replace String (M-%) *.
@ 2007-03-05 15:25 Hongyi Zhao
From: Hongyi Zhao @ 2007-03-05 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenichi Handa; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Your report is too vague to give any hint.  Which arg did
> you use to build Emacs before?

That arg is *--with-x-toolkit=gtk*

> Exactly which character
> can't be displayed?  Where it can't be displayed; in the
> dired buffer? in modeline? or somewhere else?  When it can't
> be displayed?  In which locale are you running Emacs?  First
> of all, please use the command M-x report-emacs-bug to
> report a bug.  It automatically inserts important
> information in *mail* buffer.

My locale in UTF-8. That problem appears in the current file's buffer, and I want
to replace the character *−* into *-* at that moment.

> > Furthmore, if I swith to ubuntu, the problem I sent to you in the last mail
> > will dissapear.  So  I think that the reason is my Debian SID is screwed up
> > by me and I will restore my Debian for retrying.
>
> Don't guess anything, but just give us the currect and
> concrete information.

Thank you for your winged words.

> Have you done the gdb session as I
> wrote in the previous mail?  If not, why?  Are there any
> problem in running Emacs under gdb?

Now, I have restore my Debian sid, and recompiled the Emacs unicode 2.
The problem I reported in the last is disapeared.  So I cann't give
you any debug informations under gdb.

Best regards.
---
Hongsheng Zhao (赵红生)
GnuPG DSA: 0x2D767D70

老子道德经:第六十五章
知此两者亦稽式,常知稽式,是谓玄德。
玄德深矣、远矣,与物反矣,然后乃至大顺。

* Emacs unicode 2 crash suddenly when do some *Replace String (M-%)*.
@ 2007-03-04 14:38 Hongyi Zhao
From: Hongyi Zhao @ 2007-03-04 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Devel

Hi all,

When I do some strings replacement with the latest unicode 2 CVS version
compilled by me, some times it will crashed suddenly, it seems so
stange.  Who can give me some hints on this thing?

Thanks in advance.

---
Hongyi Zhao (赵弘毅)
GnuPG DSA: 0xD108493B