* gdba problems with C++ code
@ 2006-09-04  6:53 Werner LEMBERG
From: Werner LEMBERG @ 2006-09-04  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

[Emacs CVS 2006-07-30]

I tried to debug troff, which is written in C++.

Starting gdba, I just added `troff' as the only argument (in addition
to -annotate=3).  Setting a breakpoint on `process_input_stack', I
started the program.  Hitting the breakpoint, the *locals of troff*
window shows, among other things,

  trap_bol_stack = [struct/union]

Creating a watch expression shows me

  +trap_bol_stack	int_stack

(where the `+' sign stands for the small icon) in a separate speedbar
frame, as expected.  But clicking on that with mouse-2 gives nothing.

In the *gud-troff* buffer I can do the following:

  (gdb) p trap_bol_stack
  $1 = {top = 0xbfe6bc68}

thus I've expected that clicking on the watch expression opens a tree,
showing me the value of `top'.

The same happens for more complex structures too: It isn't possible
for me to get a tree of the variables within the structure.  This
makes gdba completely useless for me.

Am I doing something wrong?  Isn't C++ supported?  I use gdb 6.3 in
case it matters.

    Werner