* Re: [agj@alum.mit.edu: Info-index with multiple indexes]
       [not found] <E1GGWM0-0003Ee-2b@fencepost.gnu.org>
@ 2006-08-25 17:08 ` Karl Berry
From: Karl Berry @ 2006-08-25 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: agj

    The appended texinfo code (from
    http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/scm/scm/scm.texi?rev=1.260&view=markup)
    puts each of four indexes as unnumberedsec nodes within one "Indexes"
    node.  The indexes work in standalone info, but not in Emacs info,
    which reports "No index".

I surmise/hope that this might be fixed in CVS Emacs, since we changed
makeinfo to emit unambiguous index markers in a release after Emacs 21.

Juri (or anyone), could you check this?

Thanks,
Karl

@node Indexes,  , The Implementation, Top
@unnumbered Indexes

@menu
* Procedure and Macro Index::
* Variable Index::
* Type Index::
* Concept Index::
@end menu

@node Procedure and Macro Index, Variable Index, Indexes, Indexes
@unnumberedsec Procedure and Macro Index

This is an alphabetical list of all the procedures and macros in SCM.

@printindex fn

@node Variable Index, Type Index, Procedure and Macro Index, Indexes
@unnumberedsec Variable Index

This is an alphabetical list of all the global variables in SCM.

@printindex vr

@node Type Index, Concept Index, Variable Index, Indexes
@unnumberedsec Type Index

This is an alphabetical list of data types and feature names in SCM.

@printindex tp

@node Concept Index,  , Type Index, Indexes
@unnumberedsec Concept Index

This is an alphabetical list of concepts introduced in this manual.

@printindex cp

* Re: [agj@alum.mit.edu: Info-index with multiple indexes]
@ 2006-08-27 19:36   ` Juri Linkov
From: Juri Linkov @ 2006-08-27 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: agj, emacs-devel

>     The appended texinfo code (from
>     http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/scm/scm/scm.texi?rev=1.260&view=markup)
>     puts each of four indexes as unnumberedsec nodes within one "Indexes"
>     node.  The indexes work in standalone info, but not in Emacs info,
>     which reports "No index".
>
> I surmise/hope that this might be fixed in CVS Emacs, since we changed
> makeinfo to emit unambiguous index markers in a release after Emacs 21.
>
> Juri (or anyone), could you check this?

Yes, this works in Emacs 22.0.50 and Texinfo 4.8.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/