* bug-cc-mode and emacs-devel
@ 2006-08-03 11:53 Masatake YAMATO
From: Masatake YAMATO @ 2006-08-03 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I write a patch for cc-mode, should I send to whether
bug-cc-mode or emacs-devel?

Generally, I send my patches to bug-cc-mode.

But today I find following entry in ChangeLog of emacs/lisp:

2006-07-10  Chong Yidong  <cyd@stupidchicken.com>

	* progmodes/cc-awk.el (defconst): Use eval-and-compile to avoid
	compilation error.

This fix is in emacs cvs tree. and is not in cc-mode cvs tree.

Masatake YAMATO

* Re: bug-cc-mode and emacs-devel
@ 2006-08-03 19:15 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2006-08-03 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    When I write a patch for cc-mode, should I send to whether
    bug-cc-mode or emacs-devel?

    Generally, I send my patches to bug-cc-mode.

That is generally right.  But if you think we should install
a change urgently in Emacs, send it to emacs-devel.

* etags enhancement(Was: bug-cc-mode and emacs-devel)
@ 2006-08-08 14:48   ` Masatake YAMATO
From: Masatake YAMATO @ 2006-08-08 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

>     When I write a patch for cc-mode, should I send to whether
>     bug-cc-mode or emacs-devel?
>
>     Generally, I send my patches to bug-cc-mode.
>
> That is generally right.  But if you think we should install
> a change urgently in Emacs, send it to emacs-devel.

How about etags.c?

If a change is not urgently, I should send my patch to
Francesco Potortì?

* Re: etags enhancement(Was: bug-cc-mode and emacs-devel)
@ 2006-08-08 23:40     ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2006-08-08 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    If a change is not urgently, I should send my patch to
    Francesco Potortì?

Yes.