On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 12:28:17PM -0400, Ken Manheimer wrote: > I emerged it and got access to gpp and the info file. it > looks nice - clean - but appears to have the same drawback, for my > purposes, as mailcrypt. it will decrypt messages encoded with a > symmetric key, but provides no api for encrypting with a symmetric > key. that lack is a show-stopper for my purposes. So you would consider switching to pgg, if it would provide an interface to symmetric encryption? > it may well be that pgg is preferable, somehow, to mailcrypt - they > both offer similar functionality, including key caching, as well as > the lack of an interface for encrypting with a symmetric key. but the > changeover won't gain me anything i can yet see - i'll still need to > also use crypt++ for the symmetric key encoding. The reason I asked is, that pgg is, just like allout, part of GNU Emacs 22 -- so IMO it would be desirable to have the howl functionality of allout "out of the box" with GNU emacs. cheers sascha -- Sascha Wilde Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!