* international URLs
@ 2004-11-10 10:56 Werner LEMBERG
From: Werner LEMBERG @ 2004-11-10 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: Text/Plain, Size: 355 bytes --]

Right now there are the first domains which contain international
characters, for example

  http://żółw.pl/

or

  http://www.əɛ.net/

Those addresses are real, BTW, set up for testing purposes.  It seems
that Emacs doesn't support this yet (at least not the regexp which
does highlighting).

Any plans to add this?

    Werner

* Re: international URLs
@ 2004-11-10 22:41 ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2004-11-10 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> writes:

> Right now there are the first domains which contain international
> characters, for example
>
>   http://żółw.pl/
>
> or
>
>   http://www.əɛ.net/
>
> Those addresses are real, BTW, set up for testing purposes.  It seems
> that Emacs doesn't support this yet (at least not the regexp which
> does highlighting).
>
> Any plans to add this?

Well, I had those links highlighted properly.  I am using the current
default Gnus in CVS.  What version were you using?

* Re: international URLs
@ 2004-11-10 23:46   ` Werner LEMBERG
From: Werner LEMBERG @ 2004-11-10 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> Well, I had those links highlighted properly.  I am using the current
> default Gnus in CVS.  What version were you using?

I use Mew.  I'll report the problem to the appropriate list.  Sorry
for the noise.

    Werner

* Re: international URLs
@ 2004-11-11 21:48     ` Juri Linkov
From: Juri Linkov @ 2004-11-11 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> writes:
>> Well, I had those links highlighted properly.  I am using the current
>> default Gnus in CVS.  What version were you using?
>
> I use Mew.  I'll report the problem to the appropriate list.  Sorry
> for the noise.

Emacs support for multi-language URLs is still far from perfect:
ffap can't get the complete URL from the buffer.  browse-url can do it,
but fails to send URLs to the external browser.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/