* Re: [drew.adams@oracle.com: font-info returns nil on default font (emacs -q) -- BUG?]
       [not found] <E1CAzgu-0008QM-Ma@fencepost.gnu.org>
@ 2004-09-25  2:31 ` Kenichi Handa
From: Kenichi Handa @ 2004-09-25  2:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

In article <E1CAzgu-0008QM-Ma@fencepost.gnu.org>, Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> Could you please think about this and do whatever is right?
> From: "Drew Adams" <drew.adams@oracle.com>
> To: <bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>, "Help-Gnu-Emacs" <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
> 	"Help-Emacs-Windows" <help-emacs-windows@gnu.org>
> Subject: font-info returns nil on default font (emacs -q) -- BUG?
[...]
> Don't know if this is a bug, because I don't know much about font functions.

> Function font-info's doc string says that it returns nil if the argument
> font is not yet loaded. I'm not sure what "loaded" means here, but with
> vanilla Emacs I would expect that the font used is "loaded". However, I get
> nil with font-info.

> I'm on GNU Emacs 21.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2004-07-26 on
> BERATUNG4. I'm on Windows XP SP1.

> The (default) font is apparently this:
> "-outline-Courier New-normal-r-normal-normal-13-97-96-96-c-80-iso8859-1"

> x-decompose-font-name works fine, but font-info returns nil.

> Is this correct behavior or a bug?

It seems like a bug, but I can't reproduce it on GNU-Linux.
The function Ffont_info (in fontset.c) calls a function set
in the variable query_font_func, and on Windows XP, I think
it is set to w32_query_font.  So, I guess there's something
wrong in that function.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA handa@m17n.org

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-09-25  2:31 UTC | newest]