* Re: make bootstrap chokes on gnus
       [not found] <20040912012015.32fc1890@pfdabpc.inhouse.start.de>
@ 2004-09-12 17:43 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-09-12 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Emacs development

On Sun, Sep 12 2004, Daniel Pfeiffer wrote:

> In toplevel form:
> gnus/gnus-cite.el:32:1:Error: Symbol's function definition is void:
> gnus-image-type-available-p
> make[1]: *** [compile] Fehler 1

Try "make maintainer-clean", see
<URL:http://thread.gmane.org/m3d60z1twa.fsf@fed1.frank-schmitt.net>.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: make bootstrap chokes on gnus
@ 2004-09-13 19:34   ` Daniel Pfeiffer
From: Daniel Pfeiffer @ 2004-09-13 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: 4.uce.03.r.s, Emacs development

Saluton,

Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> skribis:

> On Sun, Sep 12 2004, Daniel Pfeiffer wrote:
>
> > In toplevel form:
> > gnus/gnus-cite.el:32:1:Error: Symbol's function definition is void:
> > gnus-image-type-available-p
> > make[1]: *** [compile] Fehler 1
>
> Try "make maintainer-clean", see
> <URL:http://thread.gmane.org/m3d60z1twa.fsf@fed1.frank-schmitt.net>.

I figured something similar: I can just delete the gnus directory and it won't
be missed, since subdirs.el gets created dynamically.  Cvs' bug of not
noticing when directory structures change is an advantage here, because I'm
permanently rid of a huge package I don't need.

Once again I can only sigh at Emacs' broken Makefiles, which just don't get
things right automatically :-(

coralament / best Grötens / liebe Grüße / best regards / elkorajn salutojn
Daniel Pfeiffer

--
lerne / learn / apprends / lär dig / ucz się    Esperanto:
                              http://lernu.net/