* Re: ChangeLog from CVS
       [not found] <r02010100-1034-CF9E9A0EBDFD11D8A9C3000A95C792F4@[130.44.6.233]>
@ 2004-06-15  7:17 ` Werner LEMBERG
From: Werner LEMBERG @ 2004-06-15  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

[-- Attachment #1: Type: Text/Plain, Size: 432 bytes --]

> A long time ago you pointed me at some tools that do a nice job of
> generating ChangeLog entries from CVS logs.  I have been using emacs
> VC mode, but “C-x v a” won’t merge multiple entries for changes to a
> file that took place on one day, or at least give the revision
> number.

Dear Emacs developers,

can someone give advice?  Has there been some improvement in the CVS
version of Emacs?

    Werner

* Re: ChangeLog from CVS
@ 2004-06-15 14:56   ` Andre Spiegel
From: Andre Spiegel @ 2004-06-15 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: tkacvins, emacs-devel

On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 09:17, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > A long time ago you pointed me at some tools that do a nice job of
> > generating ChangeLog entries from CVS logs.  I have been using emacs
> > VC mode, but “C-x v a” won’t merge multiple entries for changes to a
> > file that took place on one day, or at least give the revision
> > number.

There is no improvement on this in Emacs CVS.  You can use the cvs2cl.pl
script (which can be found on the web by that name), which can do all
you ask for, and more.  I should change C-x v a so that it uses
cvs2cl.pl instead of rcs2log, but I haven't gotten around to that yet.