* latex-indent
@ 2003-07-31 14:59 Luc Teirlinck
From: Luc Teirlinck @ 2003-07-31 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a reason why `latex-indent' indents by two spaces after an
unmatched `[' or inside [...] ?  To check this behavior just run
`latex-indent' on line 4 of the enclosed file.  There is a convention
in mathematical reviews to reference other papers in square brackets,
so this kind of situation occurs all the time.

Is the indentation due to confusion with optional parameters style:
\documentclass[a4paper]{article} or maybe with \[...\] ?

===File ~/ltxtest.tex=======================================
\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa [aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa
aaaaaaaa
\end{document}

Sincerely,

Luc.

* Re: latex-indent
@ 2003-07-31 15:21 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2003-07-31 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> Is there a reason why `latex-indent' indents by two spaces after an
> unmatched `[' or inside [...] ?  To check this behavior just run
> `latex-indent' on line 4 of the enclosed file.  There is a convention
> in mathematical reviews to reference other papers in square brackets,
> so this kind of situation occurs all the time.

Huh ?  You mean you don't use \cite ?

> Is the indentation due to confusion with optional parameters style:
> \documentclass[a4paper]{article} ?

Yes.

* Re: latex-indent
@ 2003-07-31 15:35   ` Luc Teirlinck
From: Luc Teirlinck @ 2003-07-31 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

   > Is there a reason why `latex-indent' indents by two spaces after an
   > unmatched `[' or inside [...] ?  To check this behavior just run
   > `latex-indent' on line 4 of the enclosed file.  There is a convention
   > in mathematical reviews to reference other papers in square brackets,
   > so this kind of situation occurs all the time.

   Huh ?  You mean you don't use \cite ?

I was talking about small reviews (often a single paragraph).  There
is no bibliography.  Maybe I should have said "refer to" instead of
"reference".

Sincerely,

Luc.