J. Marant wrote: Luc Teirlinck a écrit : > Actually, not putting the unwanted character in the kill ring might be > an extra argument for providing `zap-up-to-char', but I personally do > not use zap-to-char sufficiently often to have strong opinions on the > issue. Why would we want to put the unwanted character in the kill ring? I meant that I have no strong opinions on whether zap-up-to-char should be provided. If it is provided then the non-killed character should obviously not be put in the kill ring. Sincerely, Luc.