In article <67B8CED503F3D511BB9F0008C75DAD66054855E1@dewdfx17>, "Wedler, Christoph" writes: > You're right, the ascent is one point higher. I see, Emacs then wants > to increase the height of the echo area, but its height must always be a > multiple of the height of the default font. Yes. > Hm. Unfortunately, Stefans idea didn't work: the echo area would be > resized after the `sit-for' period. I think it's not resized after the `sit-for', but the echo area is redisplayed after the execution of the whole code. Try this: (let ((resize-mini-windows nil)) (message "_TALL_MESSAGE_") (sit-for 0) (while t)) >> By they way, even with the default value of resize-mini-windows >> (grow-only), the behaviour of quail input method should be improved. >> Previously, it resizes the echo area so frequently, but now it makes >> the area taller just once, and keep that hight until you turns the >> input method off. Could you verify it? > Well, I use Emacs-21.3... I could try the development version if... When you evalute the following two lines: (defun define-button-type (&rest args)) (provide 'help-mode) quail.el of the HEAD branch (attached) can be used. --- Ken'ichi HANDA handa@m17n.org