* Compilation Issue - MinGW (A regression)
@ 2003-02-21  3:52 Dhruva Krishnamurthy
From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy @ 2003-02-21  3:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Emacs Devel

Hello,
 I am able to build GNU Emacs 21.2.95 using GCC 3.2.2 (MinGW) on W2K
 platform with Leim.
 The same fails for GNU Emacs 21.3 from CVS. GNU Emacs crashes while
 compiling some of the elisp files during a "gmake bootstrap". I had to
 use MSVC to build GNU Emacs and then configured to use GCC and rebuilt
 to get a successful executable build from GCC.

I plan to use the Emacs generated by GCC 3.2.2 to do a "gmake compile"
from lisp/ folder to see if it works or crashes. If it crashes, then the
GNU Emacs executable generated from GCC 3.2.2 is not OKAY (maybe a
regression in GCC)
 I thought GCC uses GNU Emacs in their regression tests [Am I right
 RMS?].

with regards,
dhruva
--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Home: http://www32.brinkster.com/schemer/

* Re: Compilation Issue - MinGW (A regression)
@ 2003-02-22 17:53 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2003-02-22 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

     I thought GCC uses GNU Emacs in their regression tests [Am I right
     RMS?].

You would have to ask the GCC developers--I don't know.

* Compilation Issue - MinGW (A regression)
@ 2003-03-24  4:50 Dhruva Krishnamurthy
From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy @ 2003-03-24  4:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Emacs Bug

Hello,
 I am happy to report the regression I had reported regarding the
 compilation of Emacs 21.3 (CVS) using MinGW.
 I just re-installed MinGW 2.0 and installed gcc (GCC) 3.2 (mingw special
 20020817-1) over it (experimental).
I am able to build and run Emacs on W2K using GCC.
I feel the error was in the GCC 3.3 which I was using. Maybe some libs
with which I was linking (image libs etc...) were causing a problem.
Anyway, when GCC 3.3 becomes a main line version in MinGW32 port, I will
remember to test the regression. This may not happen for quite some time
(1+ yr).

with regards,
dhruva

PS:
 I need help in interrupting GDB when I am debugging Emacs on W2K
 (Windows platform). CTRL-C does not work. CTRL-BRK kill GDB itself. Any
 help in this regard will be of great use to me. I am not on Emacs-Devel
 group. If someone posts to that group, kindly CC the mail to me.