* Build issue GNU Emacs 21.3 on MinGW32 GCC - W2K
@ 2003-02-24 16:25 Dhruva Krishnamurthy
From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy @ 2003-02-24 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
 When I do a "gmake bootstrap" (MinGW32 - GCC 3.3/GCC 3.2.1/GCC 3.2.2 on
 W2K)
Build fails at the following locations:
- calendar/lunar.el (EMACS Abort)
- calendar/solar.el (EMACS Abort)
- gnus/gnus-cite.el (SEGV crash)
- gnus/gnus-draft.el (SEGV crash)
- gnus/gnus-dup.el (SEGV crash)
- gnus/gnus-mh.el (SEGV crash)
- gnus/gnus-uu.el (SEGV crash)
- gnus/gnus-vm.el (SEGV crash)
- gnus/nnsoup.el (SEGV crash)
- gnus/nnvirtual.el (SEGV crash)

I am sorry if I have bored some of you with my persistent mails. I fear
that we may end up loosing MinGW support for compiling GNU Emacs and will
end up depending on MSVC.
For me a true FSF GNU Emacs is when there is no forced dependency on
commercial compilers or build tools.

with regards,
dhruva
--