* Re: Free indic fonts
       [not found] <1045107014.2714.661.camel@uma>
@ 2003-02-13  5:37 ` Kenichi Handa
From: Kenichi Handa @ 2003-02-13  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

In article <1045107014.2714.661.camel@uma>, Ramanan Selvaratnam <rama@uklinux.net> writes:

> <http://www.gnu.org.in/software/software.html>

> has a collection of commercial grade 'free' indic fonts.

Thank you for the info.  Kawabata-san, is it difficult to
use those fonts instead of CDAC?  They are all TrueType, not
OpenType, and I confirmed that ttf2bdf works for them.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
handa@m17n.org

* Re: Free indic fonts
@ 2003-02-16  3:45   ` 川幡 太一
From: 川幡 太一 @ 2003-02-16  3:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Hello,

> > has a collection of commercial grade 'free' indic fonts.
> Thank you for the info.  Kawabata-san, is it difficult to
> use those fonts instead of CDAC?  They are all TrueType, not
> OpenType, and I confirmed that ttf2bdf works for them.

It seems fine!  Next time I visit, I'll try implement Devanagari,
Malayalam, and Tamil using these fonts.  The problem is the assaigning
glyph codepoints for them.  Handa-san, could you help on it?

I wonder their 3-letter abbreviation.  Most of them are identical to
the one used in Indian Standard Documents, but different in Malayalm
(mal vs mlm), and Gujarati (guj vs gjr).

Which one should we use ... ??

Two proposition on the file structure.

Make all the language abbreviation three-letter used in the Indian
standard.

devan-util.el -> dev-util.el etc.

Also, shoudl we separate `***-util.el' to each glyph-char conversion?
For example, `***-isofoc.el', `***-akruthi.el', ... ??

KAWABATA, Taichi (batta@beige.ocn.ne.jp)