* Compilation Issue - MinGW
@ 2003-02-12  7:35 Dhruva Krishnamurthy
From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy @ 2003-02-12  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
 I am having problems building Emacs (from CVS) on W2K using MinGW.
When I do a "gmake bootstrap", everything goes well till the compilation
of lisp files starts. Emacs comes up with the crash window while
compiling certain files (some under lisp/gnus folder).
 To circumvent this problem, I did a "gmake compile
 EMACS=D:/GNU/emacs/bin/emacs" from 'lisp' folder (using the previously
 built version). This built all the lisp files successfully.
I then did a "gmake" and got Emacs working.

 I then tried building using "MSVC" on W2K and everything worked
 properly.

I do not want to rise this as a bug because:
1. I am using MinGW GCC 3.2.2 (which is a Release candidate) and I was
using GCC 3.2.1 earlier with which I used to get a clean build.
2. Since I do not have GCC 3.2.1 now, I cannot try the compilation with
GCC 3.2.1

If someone has GCC 3.2.1 installed, I request you to test the build
before rising an alarm.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

with regards,
dhruva
--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Home: http://www32.brinkster.com/schemer/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-02-12  7:35 UTC | newest]