* GTK: Help menu
@ 2003-01-24 23:17 Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2003-01-24 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

The GTK port looks great, good work!

One thing I've noticed is that the Help menu is right justified. It
wasn't like that with Xaw, and other GTK apps do not seem to right
justify the help menu either.

The right justification seems to be hard coded. Perhaps that could be
made configurable for users that are not used to Motif style
interfaces.

* Re: GTK: Help menu
@ 2003-01-24 23:37 ` Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2003-01-24 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Jason Rumney <jasonr@gnu.org> writes:

> One thing I've noticed is that the Help menu is right justified. It
> wasn't like that with Xaw, and other GTK apps do not seem to right
> justify the help menu either.

On a related note,  I just buildt the GTK port for the first time and
I've found a wee problem with a long menubar.  See the attached
screenshot.

[-- Attachment #2: Emacs GTK Menu --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 5748 bytes --]

* Re: GTK: Help menu
@ 2003-01-25 16:22 ` Jan D.
From: Jan D. @ 2003-01-25 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> The GTK port looks great, good work!
>
> One thing I've noticed is that the Help menu is right justified. It
> wasn't like that with Xaw, and other GTK apps do not seem to right
> justify the help menu either.
>
> The right justification seems to be hard coded. Perhaps that could be
> made configurable for users that are not used to Motif style
> interfaces.

Since the GTK documents thinks it is a bad idea to have the help
menu right justified, I removed it.

	Jan D.

* Re: GTK: Help menu
@ 2003-01-25 16:28   ` Jan D.
From: Jan D. @ 2003-01-25 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> Jason Rumney <jasonr@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > One thing I've noticed is that the Help menu is right justified. It
> > wasn't like that with Xaw, and other GTK apps do not seem to right
> > justify the help menu either.
>
> On a related note,  I just buildt the GTK port for the first time and
> I've found a wee problem with a long menubar.  See the attached
> screenshot.

I don't know if I can do anything about that, it is the way the menu bar
widget works.

	Jan D.

* Re: GTK: Help menu
@ 2003-01-31 19:36     ` Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2003-01-31 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

"Jan D." <jan.h.d@swipnet.se> writes:

>> On a related note,  I just buildt the GTK port for the first time and
>> I've found a wee problem with a long menubar.  See the attached
>> screenshot.
>
> I don't know if I can do anything about that, it is the way the menu bar
> widget works.

This no longer an issue now that the "Help" item isn't right-justified.