* Bug in current CVS w.r.t. `screen-gamma'
@ 2002-09-21 12:27 Oliver Scholz
From: Oliver Scholz @ 2002-09-21 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am using a light default face on a dark background together with the
gamma-Xresource. There is a bug in the current CVS. Here is a recipe
to reproduce it, starting from "emacs -q":

* Eval this:

(progn
  (push (cons 'screen-gamma 1.5) default-frame-alist)
  (set-face-foreground 'default "White")
  (set-face-background 'default "#0f1f4f"))

* And hit `C-x 5 2'.

Now in the new frame only the part of the buffer which contains text
is displayed in the background-colour _modified_ by the
gamma-value. The rest of the buffer is displayed in the unmodified
(in this case: lighter) colour.

BTW: is it 'polite' to post bug-reports here? I could image that you
don't want to have the developer's list flooded with bug-reports.

    -- Oliver

--
Jour des Récompenses de l'Année 210 de la Révolution
Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité!

* Re: Bug in current CVS w.r.t. `screen-gamma'
@ 2002-09-22 15:54 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-09-22 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    BTW: is it 'polite' to post bug-reports here? I could image that you
    don't want to have the developer's list flooded with bug-reports.

bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org is the preferred place to send a bug report,
but don't worry about it.

* Re: Bug in current CVS w.r.t. `screen-gamma'
@ 2002-09-22 21:51 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2002-09-22 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> BTW: is it 'polite' to post bug-reports here? I could image that you
> don't want to have the developer's list flooded with bug-reports.

Try `Help => Send Bug Report' or M-x report-emacs-bug.

	Stefan

> Jour des Récompenses de l'Année 210 de la Révolution
> Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité!

In my mother tongue, I'd have said (with a touch of anger):

	'pi M-x report-emacs-bug, c'est pour les chiens ?