On Thu, 05 Sep 2002 06:46:08 +0200, Eli Zaretskii said: > In my experience, indexing functions, commands, and variables, while > important, is not enough to have a good index. You need a good concept > index where users can look up subjects that are not in the text. As an > example, consider an index item "cut and paste" in the Emacs manual. Amen. 'C-h a' does a fairly good job of describing the trees. It does a truly horrid job of describing the forest. For example, setting zmacs-region to nil will affect the setting of the X selection - and will also affect the behavior of M-u (whether to do a word or region). Lotta forest there. Custom - I've never decided for sure there's any actual trees in there. ;) -- Valdis Kletnieks Computer Systems Senior Engineer Virginia Tech