* Encoding for auto-save files
@ 2002-05-07 15:47 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-05-07 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Emacs always uses emacs-mule for saving auto-save files.  In case a
user happens to use C-x C-f on an auto-save file, shouldn't Emacs use
emacs-mule, too?

I just made Emacs create an autosave file, then I said "emacs
~/#core#" and the file was displayed wrongly (I saw \216 escapes for
Latin-9 characters).

kai
--
Silence is foo!