* Re: Proposal to make font-locking easier to understand
       [not found] ` <5lit8utokh.fsf@rum.cs.yale.edu>
@ 2002-02-19 21:32   ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-02-19 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel, acm

    I agree that the names aren't very enlightening, but I think it's a bit
    late to change them.

Why do you think so?  Few people know this terminology anyway,
so it seems to me we have little to lose by changing it.

* Re: Proposal to make font-locking easier to understand
@ 2002-02-19 22:25     ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2002-02-19 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: monnier+gnu.emacs.bug/news/, emacs-devel, acm

>     I agree that the names aren't very enlightening, but I think it's a bit
>     late to change them.
> Why do you think so?  Few people know this terminology anyway,
> so it seems to me we have little to lose by changing it.

I doubt we'll be able to find names that are better enough
to justify the hassle of changing them.  But that's only
my hunch: I won't oppose a change just for the sake of it.

* Re: Proposal to make font-locking easier to understand
@ 2002-02-22  4:30       ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-02-22  4:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: monnier+gnu.emacs.bug/news/, emacs-devel, acm

    I doubt we'll be able to find names that are better enough
    to justify the hassle of changing them.

I think the renamings just proposed are good ones.
We should make those changes, if nobody suggests better ones.

* Re: Proposal to make font-locking easier to understand
@ 2002-02-22 16:06         ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2002-02-22 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: monnier+gnu/emacs, monnier+gnu.emacs.bug/news/, emacs-devel, acm

>     I doubt we'll be able to find names that are better enough
>     to justify the hassle of changing them.
>
> I think the renamings just proposed are good ones.

I didn't bother to reply to that part of his message, but I didn't
find them too hot.   I'll have to check the original message again.