* Re: enable-local-variables 'maybe
       [not found] <Pine.SUN.3.91.1020214174958.1382H-100000@is>
@ 2002-02-15 20:27 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-02-15 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: roland.winkler, emacs-devel

    Doesn't jit-lock, for example, display a message about stealth
    fontification (as an optional feature)?

I don't know.  I don't understand those words.  Is the message an
optional feature, or is stealth fontification the optional feature
you refer to?

* Re: enable-local-variables 'maybe
@ 2002-02-16  7:50   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2002-02-16  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: roland.winkler, emacs-devel

> Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:27:02 -0700 (MST)
> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
>
>     Doesn't jit-lock, for example, display a message about stealth
>     fontification (as an optional feature)?
>
> I don't know.  I don't understand those words.  Is the message an
> optional feature, or is stealth fontification the optional feature
> you refer to?

Both are optional features, but I meant the former: you can ask
stealth fontification to print messages when it does its thing.

In other words, my concern is that disallowing messages in code run
from timers will hurt many features, such as jit-stealth-lock.

* Re: enable-local-variables 'maybe
       [not found]       ` <15468.9266.257867.61665@tfkp00.physik.uni-erlangen.de>
@ 2002-02-16 21:57         ` Richard Stallman
       [not found]         ` <m3vgcxr7im.fsf@tfkp00.physik.uni-erlangen.de>
From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-02-16 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    Something else is still messing the position of point, i.e., I still
    get the error message:

    "File local-variables error: (error "Missing colon in local variables entry")

    When during the call of the function hack-local-variables the point
    is supposed to be at the local variable, it is indeed in the second
    line of the bibtex file foo.bib. Somewhere, a save-excursion is missing.

Can you step through and find precisely where?  That's the only
way to find and fix the bug.

From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-02-17 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel, D.Herrmann

It looks like a change in Fy_or_n_p is the right way to fix this; now
we need to find someone to write that.

    The reason is that the y-or-n-p in hack-local-variables interferes
    with the catch and throw 'userkey in bibtex-parse-keys.

Could you explain more?  In what sense does it interfere?  How is the
code supposed to work, and what sequence of events happens when it
fails?