  • * Re: sit-for considered harmful in kbd-macros
           [not found] <200202062241.g16MfDO30778@rum.cs.yale.edu>
           [not found] ` <200202062308.PAA20392@radish.petrofsky.org>
    @ 2002-02-06 23:25 ` Kim F. Storm
    From: Kim F. Storm @ 2002-02-06 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
      Cc: emacs-devel

    "Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/emacs@RUM.cs.yale.edu> writes:

    > How about short-circuiting sit-for when called from a kbd-macro,
    > as if input was pending ?

    I agree that it should definitely not delay execution (in fact, I
    don't think 20.7 did that).  I don't know if it should perform
    redisplay though.

    @ 2002-02-08 13:57 ` Richard Stallman
    From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-02-08 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
      Cc: emacs-devel

        How about short-circuiting sit-for when called from a kbd-macro,
        as if input was pending ?

    That might be a good idea.  On the other hand, it would be nice
    if there were a command you could use inside a macro to do a
    redisplay.