* Bug tracker messages
@ 2010-08-27 10:37 Deniz Dogan
From: Deniz Dogan @ 2010-08-27 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-Devel devel

I think it would be nice if the e-mails from the Emacs bug tracker
provided HTTP links to the bug summaries of the affected bugs.

Can this be done?

--
Deniz Dogan

* Re: Bug tracker messages
@ 2010-08-27 11:23 ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2010-08-27 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 2010-08-27 11:37 +0100, Deniz Dogan wrote:
> I think it would be nice if the e-mails from the Emacs bug tracker
> provided HTTP links to the bug summaries of the affected bugs.
>
> Can this be done?

See bug-reference.el as included in 23.2.

Leo

* Re: Bug tracker messages
@ 2010-08-27 11:27   ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2010-08-27 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 13:23, Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> wrote:

> See bug-reference.el as included in 23.2.

That's not useful for people reading mail from outside Emacs (shocking, I know).

    Juanma

* Re: Bug tracker messages
@ 2010-08-27 11:38   ` Deniz Dogan
From: Deniz Dogan @ 2010-08-27 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-devel

2010/8/27 Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com>:
> On 2010-08-27 11:37 +0100, Deniz Dogan wrote:
>> I think it would be nice if the e-mails from the Emacs bug tracker
>> provided HTTP links to the bug summaries of the affected bugs.
>>
>> Can this be done?
>
> See bug-reference.el as included in 23.2.

Thanks, but I don't read my e-mail inside Emacs. :)

*ducks*

--
Deniz Dogan

* Re: Bug tracker messages
@ 2010-08-27 16:24 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2010-08-27 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Deniz Dogan; +Cc: Emacs-Devel devel

Deniz Dogan wrote:

> I think it would be nice if the e-mails from the Emacs bug tracker
> provided HTTP links to the bug summaries of the affected bugs.
>
> Can this be done?

I'll have a look.

Please note that the help-debbugs list is the right place for these
kind of questions.

* Re: Bug tracker messages
@ 2010-08-28 19:50   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2010-08-28 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Deniz Dogan; +Cc: help-debbugs, Emacs-Devel devel

[ from emacs-devel; cross-post and followup-to help-debbugs ]

> Deniz Dogan wrote:
>
>> I think it would be nice if the e-mails from the Emacs bug tracker
>> provided HTTP links to the bug summaries of the affected bugs.

On reflection, I realize I don't know what you are asking for.

Are you talking about mails on the emacs-bug-tracker mailing list?
Eg http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-bug-tracker/2010-08/msg00114.html

If so, I think it will be too much work for too little gain to add
links to such messages.

Or are you talking about the mails that go to the bug list, eg
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2010-08/msg00682.html

If so, adding a footer to every message, eg:

  --
  See this message in context at http://debbugs.gnu.org/6923

would IMO be intrusive and not easy to do (because the message being
appended to could have an arbitrary MIME structure).

The best I could (probably) offer is an X-Debbugs-URL header or
somesuch. But probably no-one would think to look at it?

* Re: Bug tracker messages
@ 2010-08-28 23:18     ` Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2010-08-28 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Emacs-Devel devel, help-debbugs@gnu.org, Deniz Dogan

28 aug 2010 kl. 21:50 skrev Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org>:

> If so, adding a footer to every message, eg:
>
>  --
>  See this message in context at http://debbugs.gnu.org/6923
>

> would IMO be intrusive and not easy to do (because the message being
> appended to could have an arbitrary MIME structure).

I don't think it would be intrusive, it is standard for bugzilla based trackers like Redhat, Firefox, Gnome etc.

I don't know anything about how difficult it is.

    Jan D.

* Re: Bug tracker messages
@ 2010-08-29  2:11     ` Deniz Dogan
From: Deniz Dogan @ 2010-08-29  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: help-debbugs, Emacs-Devel devel

2010/8/28 Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org>:

> [ from emacs-devel; cross-post and followup-to help-debbugs ]
>
>> Deniz Dogan wrote:
>>
>>> I think it would be nice if the e-mails from the Emacs bug tracker
>>> provided HTTP links to the bug summaries of the affected bugs.
>

> On reflection, I realize I don't know what you are asking for.
>
> Are you talking about mails on the emacs-bug-tracker mailing list?
> Eg http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-bug-tracker/2010-08/msg00114.html
>
> If so, I think it will be too much work for too little gain to add
> links to such messages.

That is indeed what I'm talking about. If it's too much work, I
understand, I just wanted to check if it was possible. I for one would
find it quite useful!

--
Deniz Dogan