* History: Edwin and Emacs
@ 2010-03-02 13:15 alin.s
From: alin.s @ 2010-03-02 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-devel

I wish to ask you what is the history of Edwin. How was it derived from
emacs?

It is very strange, because it uses lexical scope, and in the same time it
uses emacs code.

But using lexical evaluator, it cannot run the .el files from emacs.

Does somebody know what was the historical derivation of edwin from emacs?
What modules from emacs were preserved in edwin, and how the interpreter was
replaced, etc.

* Re: History: Edwin and Emacs
@ 2010-03-02 15:48 ` smc
From: smc @ 2010-03-02 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alin.s; +Cc: Emacs-devel

http://www.gnu.org/software/mit-scheme/documentation/mit-scheme-user/Edwin.html

2010/3/2 alin.s <alinsoar@voila.fr>

> I wish to ask you what is the history of Edwin. How was it derived from
> emacs?
>
> It is very strange, because it uses lexical scope, and in the same time it
> uses emacs code.
>
> But using lexical evaluator, it cannot run the .el files from emacs.
>
> Does somebody know what was the historical derivation of edwin from emacs?
> What modules from emacs were preserved in edwin, and how the interpreter
> was
> replaced, etc.
>

> --

Suso
http://gnu.manticore.es

* Re: History: Edwin and Emacs
@ 2010-03-02 20:13   ` alin.s
From: alin.s @ 2010-03-02 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-devel

Thanks, but I asked not how to use Edwin, but how it was derived from emacs.

smc-3 wrote:

> http://www.gnu.org/software/mit-scheme/documentation/mit-scheme-user/Edwin.html
>

> 2010/3/2 alin.s <alinsoar@voila.fr>
>

>> I wish to ask you what is the history of Edwin. How was it derived from
>> emacs?
>>
>> It is very strange, because it uses lexical scope, and in the same time
>> it
>> uses emacs code.
>>
>> But using lexical evaluator, it cannot run the .el files from emacs.
>>
>> Does somebody know what was the historical derivation of edwin from
>> emacs?
>> What modules from emacs were preserved in edwin, and how the interpreter
>> was
>> replaced, etc.
>>

>> --
>>

> --
> Suso
> http://gnu.manticore.es

* Re: History: Edwin and Emacs
@ 2010-03-03 22:48     ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2010-03-03 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alin.s; +Cc: Emacs-devel

    Thanks, but I asked not how to use Edwin, but how it was derived from emacs.

Edwin was not derived from Emacs.