On 6/20/24 12:02, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Mattias EngdegÄrd >> Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2024 11:38:48 +0200 >> >> 20 juni 2024 kl. 09.36 skrev Eli Zaretskii : >> >>> This means we check for expired times every 100 msec, so yes, we will >>> create a lot of bignums. >> >> Right, and a few hundred bignums allocated every second isn't something even the current GC should have any trouble with. >> >> But it is a bit wasteful, isn't it? We use very short-lived bignums for internal purposes even when the picosecond part is 0, in places like decode_timer where there should be need to cons anything at all. > > Sure, if that can be avoided, it would be beneficial. Paul, any > suggestions? I installed the attached. 0017 should should address the performance problem with decode_timer. The other patches refactor and address some related issues. As I understand it decode_timer was the locus of the performance issue. If other places are also involved, please let me know.